Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day Four EDD800 - Summer residency

I feel two things with the week being over: relief and a bit of sorrow.  It was such a joy to finally meet everyone face to face in my cohort.  I know that we will always share a sense of kinship..because of the struggles and the joys.  When one of us is sick, the others feel for that as well.  It is amazing how "Technology" has brought us together.  Oh don't let the P-12 track hear!!!!  LOL..

We started the day with Janet Cline informing us about the grant writing procedures.  We ended the day with Jennifer Little who navigated us through the research engines that the Camden-Carroll library has to offer.  I am brining this up - to thank these two women...and let them know what a fabulous respresentative of Morehead State University they are.  One of the things that sets this University apart is the level of assistance that EVERYONE at the University gives to students. This sets them apart and above the other state colleges. Janet has already established an account so that I can begin my grant writing search.  Jennifer took our names, gave us her personal business card pledging assistance to us at any time.  Our professors answer our emails and questions within the hour, give us feedback and critique, and provide assistance whenever we need it...  Is that service?  Is that dedication?  Is that servant leadership?  This is Morehead State...

The body of the day was with Dr. Phil  Harris and Pat Miller.  Dr. Harris spoke to us on Instructional design issues and challenges.  There were lots of hands on collaborations, so we were very engaged...  He had many thought provoking examples...and I will use my "get around tuit frequently.  Although no one in Indiana will get that slang!!!!  One of the exciting things for me was to learn more about PBS and the streaming opporunities that lie ahead.  As she talked, I was thinking what a cool job it would be to screen video offerings and write curriculum for teachers on the videos.  Obviously someone has that job...just another career option.  I also put the PBS app on my Ipad2...Yahoo for technology! 

So a good week...a memorable week...  My thanks and love to Amy who put me up in her home and treated me with the respect for a mother, a friend, and colleague.  So glad to have Lisa back in the fold today...we cannot lose any sheep from the flock.  How thankful I was to really get to know Rachel better...my Ipad2 advisor... And what a joy to learn the personal side:  Della - my motorcycle heroine, Martha and her beautiful garden, and Rhonda (bless your heart) hang in there - Take the I for now - and let yourself get caught up to life....  We are all connected for life...enjoy the rest of the summer.  much love

No comments:

Post a Comment